The LCMag family of electromagnetic flow meters offers the best solution for measuring the flow of electrically conductive liquids (5µS/cm minimum). The sensor consists of a stainless steel pipe section internally lined with insulating material. PTFE, Polypropylene and Ebonite (hard rubber) liners are available. The two electrodes are positioned opposite each other on the internal surface of the pipe. The coils which generate the magnetic field are placed outside the pipe. The complete sensor has an external NEMA 6-6P (IP67/68) protection rating which guarantees the integrity of the magnetic circuit and protects the instrument against the external environment. The choice of materials in contact with the fluid (lining, electrodes, etc.) depends on the temperature, the chemical aggressiveness of the liquid and the degree of abrasion of the liquid.
- No moving parts
- Wide range of nominal diameters from 1/8" to 80"
- Wide range of flow rates from 0.11 GPM to 400,000 GPM
- Wide range of liner and electrode materials
- Near zero pressure drop
- Easy installation and operation
- Minimal maintenance
- Accuracy is not affected by fluid characteristics such as viscosity, density, temperature, or suspended solids
- Sizes: 1/8" through 72"
- Flow Rates: 0.11 through 400,000 GPM
- End Connections: ANSI Flanged, Wafer, Threaded, Tri - Clover (sanitary)
- Pressure Ratings: 150 - 300 ANSI
- Accuracy: Capable of ±0.2% of rate over 10:1 range for flow velocity between 6 to 33 feet per second
- Repeatability: Capable of 0.1% of full scale