Optical air eliminators detect changes in refractive index to detect air. An optical air eliminator is more responsive than our mechanical air eliminator and less product ends up in your external catch tank.
The Liquid Controls Optical Air Eliminator is designed for use with LectroCount® Electronic Registers.
- Provides for the efficient elimination of air and vapor with virtually no moving parts
- An optical sensor is used to monitor the liquid level
- The presence or absence of liquid at the sensor level activates or deactivates a solenoid located at the top of the air eliminator. The Optical Air Eliminator requires the use of a solenoid operated valve.
When liquid rises to the optical sensor level, the solenoid closes and prevents continued venting to atmospheric pressure, and the electronic control valve at the meter outlet opens so that a delivery may continue. This functionality ensures that only liquid passes through the meter.
The optical air eliminator is designed to work with Liquid Controls meters for applications measuring refined petroleum products and LPG.
- Materials of construction: Aluminum
- Environmental Rating: NEMA 4X
- Safety: Designed to meet Class I, Division 2 requirements
- Temperature Rating: -40° to 160°F (-40° to 71°C)
- Maximum Non-Shock Working Pressure
- 150 PSI (10.3 BAR)
- 350 PSI (24 BAR)
- Maximum Differential Pressure
- 100 PSI (6.9 BAR)
- Solenoids Voltage: +10.2 to 13.6 VDC (Optional Voltage: +20.2 to 27.2 VDC)
- Current: 1 Amp maximum
- Optical Sensor Voltage: +10 to +28 VDC
- Current: 0.05 Amp maximum